Sunday, November 20, 2011
Work it!
I've spent most of my emotional processing time on moving to New York, I haven't even talked about my job on this blog. This is the whole reason I'm moving here, after all! I start work on Monday morning and I'm super excited about it. I think I haven't spent a bunch of time dwelling on this because I feel so good about the position and the organization. People have been asking me if I'm nervous. I can honestly say I'm not.
Today I got to see the movie about Charles and Ray Eames that is in prerelease. I used to be jealous of New Yorkers (and LAers I suppose) since they get to see movies early. I'm a big fan of mid century modern and own some fabulous fiberglass shell chairs by this dynamic husband and wife team. The movie shows how both fully lived and embraced their occupations, blending personal and professional into their passionate vocation. It was fascinating to see how Ray (Mrs. Eames) was quietly kept in the background - a sad reality for so many talented women of her era. When her husband died she was able to showcase her vision
I start work at the Girl Scouts of the USA, an organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. I have to wonder if Ray was ever a Girl Scout. She sure made the world a better place.
Labels:
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment