This is not a sports related post, though I would like to point out to my cheesehead friends the power of a well placed comma that would mark the difference. I'm finally packing for the big move. I will be at the airport in less than 24 hours. I am taking two large suitcases and a carry-on. It's hard to decide what really needs to make the cut. Work clothes, obviously, but how many casual shoes do I really need (for the record it's two pairs). This is somewhat of an academic exercise because I'll be coming back to MSP for Thanksgiving next week and will get to pack 3 suitcases (bonus points to those who know why).
I am also bringing a somewhat scratchy but small wool throw since I'm not entirely certain the linen situation in the furnished apartment. There are towels so no problems there.
A couple of Books made the cut, most importantly "Thinkertoys" by Michael Michalko. This has been an invaluable professional and personal aid and I can't imagine not having it. The other is "Return to Civility" by John Sweeny of the Brave New Workshop. This was given to me by a favorite grad school professor. I'm hoping because we shared a great conversation about the lack of common courtesy (kids these days! See also: "Whatever happened to class" from the musical Chicago), and not because she thought I could use some additional refinement. It's 365 pages offer a daily suggestion to try to make a dent in the trend of distance we humans seeming to be placing between us. Example: "Assume that others are having a worse day than you, and act accordingly." I realize New York might not be the best place to try to bring Minnesota Nice, but I'm going to try.
Well, back to packing.

1) congrats on upgrade status and 2 free checked bags!
ReplyDelete2) just listened to "Chicago" soundtrack on the way down here -- love "WHTC?".
3) best of luck packing and getting settled into your new home!