Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Last Haircut

It's not exactly like the Last Supper (insert clever photoshopped image here!) but I do expect it to be a spiritual moment. I am seeing my stylist tomorrow for likely the last time. I've been going to Nicole at Estetica for over 8 years, sticking with her through every price increase. Even during the leaner times I prioritized my spending so I could have a good haircut.

My close friends know I get strength from my hair. I think I share this quirk with some biblical figure - Sampson? Delilah? I'm no religious scholar. A bad hair day does not bode well for me or those around me. Rationally I understand this is nonsense but emotionally I cling to this superstition because, frankly, I usually have pretty good hair and generally things work out well for me. The right combination of genetics, product, stylist skill, and hard work have made me a grateful person. Remove one part of this delicate equation and I'm as unstable as the country's housing market.

The prospect of finding a new stylist in New York is more overwhelming to me than a place to live (and have you seen the rental rates?). I'd hate to fail new York because of bad hair. So, please, if you know a good Aveda stylist please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment